Sunday, March 5, 2017

Reposting Aamer Ombol (Mango Chutney Bengali Style) - With Video


Summer is here and it is time for some sweet and sour chutney and what could be better than a raw mango sweet and slightly sour chutney. Way back in the year 2012 I had posted the recipe of Aamer Ombol, which is the Bengali style mango chutney. This summer I am reposting it with a video demonstration.

 

In case you face any difficulty in vieing the embedded video above then please click on this link 
 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HhLKkA86lKU

For detailed recipe click here http://itistastyma.blogspot.in/2012/06/mango-chutney-aamer-ombol.html

3 comments:

  1. Shilpi, do you have any idea if I could possibly make this with frozen raw mango? I had bought some raw mango last summer to make curd rice, and had some leftover, which I froze. The problem is that if I thaw it and use it in curd rice, it doesn't work - because it's lost the crispness and crunch which makes it so good in curd rice. But I think it should work in something that requires the mango to be cooked... any idea?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry Madhu, I cannot guide you. I have no experience in this matter, I would suggest you buy fresh raw mangoes because I have no clue about handling frozen raw mangoes, for that matter I have no experience in cooking any frozen vegetable. So I guess I am not the right person to guide you.

    ReplyDelete