- One packet of mushrooms, the usual packets available in the market.
- Two medium size potatoes.
- One large capsicum.
- Wash mushrooms well.
- Chop mushrooms into medium size pieces – as shown in the photograph.
- Peel potatoes, dice and soak in water for a while. Remove from water and keep aside allowing the water to drain out.
- Dice the capsicum.
- Boil mushrooms and keep aside.
- Heat one table spoon of oil in a kadhai or wok or choose a vessel of your choice.
- Lower flame, add potatoes and lightly sauté the potatoes till they are slightly soft.
- Add the boiled mushrooms along with the water in which it was boiled.
- Add salt to taste.
- You do not need to add water.
- Cover and cook on low flame till done. Stir occasionally.
- Before switching off the gas burner add ground black pepper and capsicums.
- Stir and switch off the gas, do not immediately remove from the burner. The residual heat from the burner will partially soften the capsicum.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.
This is obviously a healthy dish with low oil and no masalas or spices but definitely not low on taste.