It has been raining continuously in Bombay. As I watch the news on the television, I see that it has begun to rain in other parts of the country too and what could be better than some steaming cup of coffee or tea accompanied with some hot chicken pakoras.
I have mentioned in the About page that every time my mum cooks I will note down the recipe while my brother points his camera at the dish and that is precisely what we did when mum made these delicious chicken pakoras a few days back.
- 250 grams boneless chicken grams boneless chicken.
- One tablespoon onion paste.
- One teaspoon ginger paste.
- One teaspoon garlic paste.
- 2 tablespoons yoghurt.
- 2 teaspoons beaten egg or as required.
- 2 tablespoons cornflour.
- Salt and black pepper to taste.
- Cut chicken into small pieces.
- Beat the yoghurt.
- Add yoghurt, onion paste, ginger paste, garlic paste, salt and black pepper to the chicken and mix well.
- Let the chicken marinate in this mixture for at least 2 hours.
- Beat an egg, take two teaspoons of the egg or use your judgment and adjust the quantity of the egg accordingly and add it to the marinated chicken mixture.
- Add 2 tablespoons corn flour or adjust the quantity by using your judgment.
- Mix well.
- Now deep fry the chicken pieces. I have not specified the quantity of oil as you may decide on the quantity of oil required to deep fry the chicken pakoras.
- Serve hot with tomato ketchup or sauce.